Built by John Sturdevant in 1846, this is a rare example of a free-standing masonry home built south of Liberty Street before 1850. It was the first home to front the new square, and then was one of the first homes saved in the 1960GÇÖs, whose renovation included the pink Georgia granite that graces the front stoop today. On a double lot, the western side garden allowed for the inclusion of a south facing pool in the rear, as well as covered off street parking and access to the three level elevator on the eastern exposure. Other significant features include 12GÇÖ ceilings,Mahogany banisters, Egyptian black and gold marble mantles that grace the classic double parlor, and original plaster medallions. In a city full of good addresses, this one is among the best, central to all shopping, dining, and entertainment. Currently a vacation rental powerhouse with two licenses, it is ready to become a show-stopping single family home, retaining the very best of the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries.
2019 BHH Affiliates, LLC. An independently owned and operated franchisee of BHH Affiliates, LLC. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices and the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices symbol are registered service marks of HomeServices of America, Inc. Equal Housing Opportunity.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program of this Area MLS®. The broker providing the data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision. We do not attempt to independently verify the currency, completeness, accuracy or authenticity of the data contained herein. It may be subject to transcription and transmission errors. Accordingly, the data is provided on an as is as available basis only and may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.